After graduation from Oklahoma State University with a Bachelor of Science in Electronic Engineering Technology, Stan worked sixteen years in the aerospace industry. He focused his extensive computer hardware and software knowledge on technology in avionic testing, missile defense, real-time simulation and system testing for the international space station.
In 1994 he joined Compaq Computer Corporation where he was a developer and advanced system architect and held numerous managerial positions utilizing his technical expertise in computer product design and development.
In 2007 Stan joined the Harris County Tax Office as Manager of Hardware Information Technology. He was instrumental in advancing the technological abilities of that office improving services for the citizens of Harris County.
Stan was elected County Clerk of the third largest county in the country in November 2010 and has made many improvements to the office which include:
- The implementation of online document viewing capabilities
- The redesign of the Marriage License and the creation of the “Certification of Marriage” Certificate
- The implementation of electronic filing in County Civil and Probate Courts
- Became a Certified Elections/Registrar Administrator (CERA) through the National Association of Election Officials
- Found and directed the move into the new Election Technology Center after the 2010 warehouse fire
- The implementation of online signature verification process for ballots by mail saving tax-payers over $100,000.00 every county-wide election
- Implemented online filing capabilities for Campaign Finance Reports
Stan continues to improve the office’s technology to better serve the public. He has far too many software certifications and accreditations to mention here along with solid budgeting, negotiating, and problem solving experience. Since 1996, Stan has volunteered many hours to our local civic and political process and was re-elected in November 2014.
50 POLITICAL ENTITIES IN HARRIS COUNTY CONDUCTING ELECTIONS ON MAY 9, 2015. Early Voting begins Monday, April 27th.
More Press Releases